Wednesday, November 24, 2004

History

Do you want to know my sordid 'lil secrets instead of telling me yours? If so read on...

So here it is hum drum and repetitive most likely. I'll begin with my mundane brief history.

I was born in the winter of '73. Therefore I love snow and Christmas. My father was in the Navy until '92 so I've lived in Missouri, Colorado, Virginia, and Florida. I have visited North Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada. I graduated High School in '92. My favorite subjects were English and Algebra.

I attended various colleges but acquired no degrees in anything. I had my first child a year to the day I graduated high school. At the age of 19 I could barely care for myself so I surrendered custody to his father. 2 years later I married and had a daughter. Not quite a year later I was a widow. Trying to deal with such a heavy burden as mortality I wandered looking for myself in all the wrong places and people for about 6 years before

...Lost in solitude I did write letters unto my heart, and in the stillness of that dark abyss it did answer...

getting stupid drunk and finding myself in a chat room and giving out my e-mail address to a perfect stranger. He was married but getting a divorce and so we had sorrow to spare between us. I took solace in this new friendship and before I knew what happened I found myself traveling to Canada to meet a man I hardly knew. I had never been out of the country before and knew no one else in Canada.

Shortly thereafter I moved to Ottawa to attend yet another school and moved in with that same stranger. Now, 2 1/2 years later we are still together, it gets more lovely everyday. I did not think such love could exist outside of fairy tales and movies but it does! Cliche' I know but it's the truth.

Currently I have decided to write my first novel and he is taking the police exam in February. In those 2 1/2 years we have only had 2 real serious problems but he makes it so easy to love him and love makes it easy to move mountains. Immigration is no peach but other than that life is pretty damn good.

No comments: