Saturday, May 8, 2010

Miracle of Snow

I asked for a miracle you gave me snow. Snow because it reminds me of my favorite time of year - Christmas. Christmas because it is the one time of year I am free to give to the depths that my soul longs for daily and no one seems to mind. I give freely with no regard for return, for the sheer joy of the smiles it creates.

You want me to remember the best thing about me is that I give freely of myself and that is when I am most fulfilled.

I have also noticed an influx of mild and manageable chaos at work. Lexar, accidentally thinking someone else is opening and the 2 of us buckling down and getting that 45 minute job done in 15 minutes flat. Essi calling in because she sprained her ankle causing me to open and close the store with a 5.5 hour break in the middle. I felt peaceful and centered.

Chaos is what I know. Chaos is what I am good at. I did not ruffle but experienced a calm serenity. I was made for pressure situations and bear up well under the necessity to tighten down the ship.

This is who I am and silly as it may sound I forgot that. Thank you for answering the plea and allowing me to see my strengths once more.

No comments: