Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hemingway Post

I didn't even give him the chance to make me wrong.

I'm tired of giving him opportunities.

I'm tired of waiting for the inevitable disappointment.

It shouldn't be like this. No matter what rationalities he tells himself make this okay, right or justified.

I asked for the one thing he COULDN'T give and it's killing me that he can't/won't.

It's really the only thing I CAN'T live with.

I CAN get past the lies, the hot chatting, his need to be friends with single females or women who find him attractive I can't live with asexuality.

"Write drunk, edit sober." ~Hemingway (courtesy of Roxane on Twitter)

EDIT: This post was made while drunk and is a pure emotionally driven reaction to an imagined slight that only occurred in my mind. What I did the following morning was more proactive. Which was to express what I valued and why, followed by a small discussion about insecurities created by rejection. There was no crying, no yelling, no nagging. Dash even commented that the way I am handling and responding to things lately has much improved and was making me more attractive to him.

The results of my ability to manage myself lately are clearly apparent when he seeks me out now to kiss me and thank me or say he loves me first. It needs noted that this management is not superficial on my part - it does take effort (
sometimes ALOT) but Dash actually told me about a couple of things he might previously have withheld and I didn't lose my cool or even set my stomach to roiling (okay one took 8 minutes and a smoke to master). It takes time but I'm going to see these as successes because they really are.

No comments: